The on-line forums - good answers from the lurkers
psychocats.net Ubuntu Tutorials
A few good mini-howtos with screenshots
Unofficial Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) Starter Guide
Looks like a thorough, if sparse, guide
- Mounting Windows partitions with third party NTFS3G:
ntfs-3g is capable of unlimited NTFS mounting and file creation and deletion. For Ubuntu 7.04, Feisty Fawn, ntfs-3g, ntfs-config, and the fuse package, are in the universe repository.
- Third generation Linux NTFS driver: ntfs-3g
An open source, GPL licensed, third generation Linux NTFS driver which was implemented by the Linux-NTFS project. It provides full read-write access to NTFS, excluding access to encrypted files, writing compressed files, changing file ownerships and access rights.
- ntfs-3g homepage http://www.ntfs-3g.org/
- Use ntfs-config to configure NTFS devices to allow write support.
- Ext2 (and Ext3) Installable File System for Windows http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html