Back to Collection BY TREE
Collection BY DATE:
TOC of this page:
Suculents (some styled as Bonsai)
trees which are no longer with us...:
Trees Which I No Longer Own:
Unmanifested Potential BONSAI:
Galleries of Bonsai I've liked:
Cool Trees that
I'd like to Bonsai:
- Banyan () -
- Bristlecone Pine (Pinus Aristata) - this is a very long
lived slow grower
- Coastal redwood ()- made a bunch of attempts
- Eucalyptus () - have one but...
- Giant Sequoia (Sequoia Gigantea) -
- Ginko () - always enjoyed this tree (would the small tree
be stinky too?)
- Grape () - It's a vine, but make the coolest shapes!
- Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum) -
- Strawberry Tree (Arbutus Unedo) - Dark red bark, spaced
branches, weird orange then red fruit, grows well in CA and gets tallish.
Pix of two of
them here. (There are some of these around the office; once ripe, the
fruit is nice.)
- Weeping Willow () - always loved this one
Bonsai Definitions (another page)
- Eucalyptus as Bonsai - was a link to <http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/f83/eucalyptus-bonsai-9245.html>
- removed Dec 2009 for bit rot. Per Jen R., "The bonsaitalk.com forum
has been off-line for about a year now"
- http://188.8.131.52/cms/files2/Raindrip_DWME_2008.pdf - link removed Dec
2009 - bit rot